Arizona Hunting Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you that use our lakes regularly have boat ramp issues with impatient/down right obnoxious people and how do you deal with them?
We have had the kayaks for 3-4 years now and never had an issue till our trip in June this year. My sister and brother-in-law recently bought a ski boat and the wife and I recently bought jet skis. We have been to the lakes 5 times I think, counting the trip in June and 3 out of 5 times have been confronted on the boat ramp. We know the etiquette…. Get you crap situated before you get on the ramp, get off the ramp and stow your crap….seems simple enough. Yet for some it is not fast enough. It also seems to me the clique you run with has an effect on these encounters, bass fisherman hate skiers and wake boats, everyone but kayakers hate kayaks, etc. One watercraft is bad enough for these guys, when you have 2 to load and unload these clowns loose their minds. I dont take crap from any of them, I reciprocate exactly the attitude I am given and have told all of them to “pound sand” in a slightly sharper manner if you know what I mean.
So far my lake and “Enjoy AZ’s Waterways” experience has fallen a bit short. The lakes are fun but the boat ramp sucks. If my 5 minutes is going to ruin these guys day they have some messed up priorities and why didn’t they get there 5 minutes earlier? And how is it my fault lol?
It takes alot of balls to mouth off to someone you dont know about something that doesnt matter, everyone carries here.
I figure there is a healthy dose of liquid courage involved but just to the point of being able to reason getting your teeth knocked out, it hasn’t happened yet but eventually someone will fail to reason consequences and its going to happen, which I would like to avoid if possible, so how do you guys deal with this?

2B7858A1-32C2-4D0E-8EF2-DCDE06BF1C23.jpeg

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
No big boats at the northern lakes. don't be lazy :p

Green.

·
Registered
828 Posts
#1 reason I sold my big lake boats is cause of A-holes. I tried it for 4 years. At the ramp, on the water, in the parking lot. At the ramp just do what your doing. Give it back to them. They have always backed down from us. I started going earlier in the morning at day break and off the water before the beer kicks the idiots into gear.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I wish I was there with you!!! I can’t get anyone to mouth off to me these days, unless they are way drunk, I do have a “knock you out” attitude and reputation, but this town is growing fast, maybe a newbe will skip my way!!
Pound a few ass’es and the word will get around to leave you be. Not for everyone, but that is my advice lol.

·
Super Moderator
14,264 Posts
Painter, I would mess with you a bit, But we are friends, other then that I would leave every one alone in this pic Including yourself.

Now to the boat ramp thing. I do my thing as fast as I can, get my stuff together and get off ramp, Someone wants to be an a-wipe, remember its most likely Liquid Courage, Ill ignore them for most part, do your thing and leave. If they give you a bad time, GO SLOWER !!!

Now for a fun time, Take your lounge chair off to a side, Park it and watch how the idiots deal with it. Its always good for a laugh, May get to see some Eye candy, Take a buddy or two like you along with, Intimidate by shear numbers like Painter Does, who would mess with that crew off friends ???

·
Super Moderator
3,888 Posts
loading/unloading ramp etiquette is lacking in most places. I seldom went to the Valley lakes just because of the crowds and surly people but the problem was also there at Powell and while not always the worst the Californians were close. My biggest issue was morons making wakes in the no wake zones and those that would pull the boat out of the water and then proceed to wipe and clean the entire boat while blocking ramp space. Bunches of us are out boating around in circles waiting for a space to open so our pickup can back in and rather than drive to the prep area they take up space in the lanes. There really is just no common sense anymore and these fools parents never bothered to tell them that they are not the only people in the world and it is not all about them.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I have as well noticed that people more and more are inconsiderate to others and only care about themselves. Getting to be a very selfish society we are living in. Just watch how they drive, speed up to cut you off then drive slow in front of you while they are on their phone,but hey they got one car ahead. I used to waterski a lot when I was younger and had a ski boat, but everyone pretty much got along (25 years ago) I shutter to think how it is now. Guess I will cross that bridge when I finish my fishing boat. May hang a black flag on it, just to give the few that know the meaning a clue to be patient and I will get out of the way for them. I cannot pinpoint exactly what is causing this self entitlement in folks, however I believe the technology in phones and other tablet style thingys are making people lose social skills. Ever try having a conversation with a “normal “ young person these days? My dog has much better responses and at times will actually add to the topic. I fear for the future of this country and the world as a whole.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Painter, I would mess with you a bit, But we are friends, other then that I would leave every one alone in this pic Including yourself.

Now to the boat ramp thing. I do my thing as fast as I can, get my stuff together and get off ramp, Someone wants to be an a-wipe, remember its most likely Liquid Courage, Ill ignore them for most part, do your thing and leave. If they give you a bad time, GO SLOWER !!!

Now for a fun time, Take your lounge chair off to a side, Park it and watch how the idiots deal with it. Its always good for a laugh, May get to see some Eye candy, Take a buddy or two like you along with, Intimidate by shear numbers like Painter Does, who would mess with that crew off friends ???
My favorite place to fish at the local Prescott lakes is close to the boat-ramp. Just out of the way of the kayakers and boaters, but close enough to see the hilarity (and sometimes eye-candy)

·
Registered
746 Posts
I have as well noticed that people more and more are inconsiderate to others and only care about themselves. Getting to be a very selfish society we are living in. Just watch how they drive, speed up to cut you off then drive slow in front of you while they are on their phone,but hey they got one car ahead. I used to waterski a lot when I was younger and had a ski boat, but everyone pretty much got along (25 years ago) I shutter to think how it is now. Guess I will cross that bridge when I finish my fishing boat. May hang a black flag on it, just to give the few that know the meaning a clue to be patient and I will get out of the way for them. I cannot pinpoint exactly what is causing this self entitlement in folks, however I believe the technology in phones and other tablet style thingys are making people lose social skills. Ever try having a conversation with a “normal “ young person these days? My dog has much better responses and at times will actually add to the topic. I fear for the future of this country and the world as a whole.
The black flag ain't a bad idea, except as you said, people are so self-absorbed I doubt they even look at your boat while being a ***

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Since the Covid was released and the idiotic mask mandates issued which led to the appearance of the righteous maskholes and now vaxholes, I now go everywhere openly carrying my pistol. No one says a word to me about anything now. In fact they’re down right polite and make way. It’s almost like a miracle.

·
Super Moderator
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
😈😈😈
You know……
I havent dismissed the idea of mounting a Blackhawk Serpa type holster on the side of my jetski lol. The positive mechanical retention of that holster would be perfect. Even better would be the AR mount like the DPS motorcycles have. I bet no one would even look at me after that much less say anything haha 😈😈😈

·
Registered
746 Posts
Since the Covid was released and the idiotic mask mandates issued which led to the appearance of the righteous maskholes and now vaxholes, I now go everywhere openly carrying my pistol. No one says a word to me about anything now. In fact they’re down right polite and make way. It’s almost like a miracle.
I wasn't going to say anything, but... People do seem to be more courteous while I'm fishing when I'm open carrying vs. concealed 🤷‍♂️. Just a random observation

·
Super Moderator
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
746 Posts
LMAO :LOL:, only $175

I think you can pick those fairly easily too.... TheLockpickingLawyer (channel on youtube) has a few videos about the inadequate locks used by some police departments

·
Super Moderator
3,888 Posts
I wasn't going to say anything, but... People do seem to be more courteous while I'm fishing when I'm open carrying vs. concealed 🤷‍♂️. Just a random observation
I have noticed that also. I mentioned it in another post that with the Glock on my belt, the small Kenwood radio on there too and my AZGame&Fish cap on people tend to leave the area I am fishing and my wife and I get the area to ourselves. The radios come in handy so we are not shouting over running river noise or get further apart on the river edge. I had a couple from California stop fishing, pack poles and depart the area in a hurry. Hmmm no licenses?

I have accumulated a number of caps over the years from various LE organizations. Wearing them does tend to calm things down at times. The Secret Service one gets the most questions.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts