Arizona Hunting Forums banner

941 - 957 of 957 Posts

·
Registered
8,551 Posts
There is a good chance my backyard is completely underwater right now. N.Phx. It’s been raining for sometime now. Gift from God on Christmas

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Not a quote but a great opening paragraph, to me, as an outdoorsman and hunter.
“It starts with the first cool evenings in August as something deep inside starts to push everything else from the subconscious mind. Not everyone, in fact, less and less people have this instinct as it slowly gets bred out of the race, being replaced by more material pastimes. The hunter is fortunate to have it, but has to admit it is hard to explain to those that don’t”.
Bill Stonebraker

·
Registered
368 Posts
Democracy is not a spectator sport, nor is it something to be studied from a safe distance. You need to fully immerse yourself and fight for your ideals.

I wish I could attribute the right person, but it was a long time ago, and the statement stuck, but the name of the speaker did not.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Quote by Standing Bear, a Sioux
“The old Lakota was wise. He knew that man’s heart away from nature becomes hard: he knew the lack of respect for growing, living things soon led to the lack of respect for humans to”.
I must agree. 80% of society lives in urban areas and have very little knowledge of the outdoors. Hence, they do not treat each other so well. Every time I camp with friends or new folk, I learn respect for all that enjoy the outdoors. And they respect me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
One of my favorite quotes :

A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
- Mark Twain

Another one I find pertinent often :

"People hasten to judge in order not to be judged themselves."
-Albert Camus

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
“It isn’t pollution that’s harming the environment. It’s the impurities in our air and water that are doing it”.

At that time - Al Gore, Vice President.

·
Administrator
6,350 Posts
"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it".

At that time - Al Gore, Vice President.
I think that quote is actually attributed to Dan Quayle.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
This following group are Quayleisms: that is, comments widely attributed to the former Vice-President that were coined by humor writers as statements that sounded like something he might say rather than something he actually said:

• "If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
  • "A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."
  • "It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/quayle-quotes/

Poor Dan.

·
Registered
768 Posts
This following group are Quayleisms: that is, comments widely attributed to the former Vice-President that were coined by humor writers as statements that sounded like something he might say rather than something he actually said:

Back in the days before Gannett bought it , The Arizona Republic was owned by the Pulliam family of which Dan is a member. I believe they owned the Indianapolis Star also. One reason he was elected US Senator from Indiana. JM

• "If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
  • "A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."
  • "It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/quayle-quotes/

Poor Dan.

·
Super Moderator
3,516 Posts
He is a riot. I love him.

Reactions: 2BZ2Ranch
941 - 957 of 957 Posts