RAIN Coming "??"?"?"

Discussion in 'Community Campfire' started by bearfoot1, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Rain and some snow in higher elevations. The state of AZ needs it terribly.

2. I told my wife i am pitching a tent in the yard if it rains.

RickWild likes this.

3. Looks like the day is slowing pushing later and later into next week, and the % chance is creeping downward.. We need it so bad, why wont this damn state rain this year!?

4. lynn1130

lynn1130 Staff Member Mod Premium Member

The 10AM NWS reports are still saying things begin to change Sunday (dew points begin climbing today) and the best chances Monday thru Wednesday.

Prettyman likes this.
  5. az-jim

az-jim Staff Member Mod Premium Member

Any word on how much snow is expected between flag and happy jack? Might have to bring some extra stuff for the deer hunt next week.

6. lynn1130

I heard 1-2 inches for the White Mountains. Don't know about Flagstaff east.

az-jim likes this.
  7. The last rain we had here was in March. We had a sprinkle in June but just enough to spot the windshield. We normally get our first rain in early Oct. I'll be happy if it just cleans the air a little! The smoke is so thick you could cut a slice easier than breath it! DR

8. lynn1130

The bad part is going to be the winds with an active fire! Dew Points are going up and that will help.

9. Rain rain go away... until after Halloween! Need those deer hitting water!!!!!!

10. I was thinking the same thing, I was planning on sitting water for my elk hunt.. Will be changing tactics if the area gets 1-2” of rain!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020