Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My wife found this guy while she was pulling out weeds in her flower bed, said something about me putting him there :twisted: . We normally don't bother them and kinda have a live and let live policy. However now that the grandkids are always out here and running around I have taken to catching them and re-locating them, kinda like a sub-contractor for PETA :D The problem now is that we over run with mice and pack rats which was never a problem when we let the snakes take care of things. Have been setting traps and even shot a few but I need to put a big dent in the population - any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Bull and King snakes,

The king snakes will take care of the rattlers also. Kind of clean everything up for you. Or maybe a Gila Monster or 2.

Or give the grandkids a bb gun when they come over. LOL

Shane

·
Registered
84 Posts
You might try moth balls. It really messes up animals sense of smell and it might just drive em away. Dunno thought. Just a thought.

·
Super Moderator
14,003 Posts
LOL, This thread is 15 years old. Its OK, needs to be updated anyway. Chief started this thread.

·
Registered
8,594 Posts

My wife found this guy while she was pulling out weeds in her flower bed, said something about me putting him there :twisted: . We normally don't bother them and kinda have a live and let live policy. However now that the grandkids are always out here and running around I have taken to catching them and re-locating them, kinda like a sub-contractor for PETA :D The problem now is that we over run with mice and pack rats which was never a problem when we let the snakes take care of things. Have been setting traps and even shot a few but I need to put a big dent in the population - any suggestions?
I'm in the grill/bbq business and pack rats keep me in business. Haha. People ask how do we stop the pack rats from chewing up our grill. It's simple. Stop killing every damn snake you see. Smh. They kill every snake. Bull, king. (harmless).

·
Registered
618 Posts
I'm in the grill/bbq business and pack rats keep me in business. Haha. People ask how do we stop the pack rats from chewing up our grill. It's simple. Stop killing every damn snake you see. Smh. They kill every snake. Bull, king. (harmless).
The only snakes I don't like are rattlesnakes, and even then if they're somewhere where they're not much threat to people I (usually) won't kill em. Gopher, bull and king snakes are our friends!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts