Arizona Hunting Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of years ago - my family rented a cabin in Christopher Creek and my wife and daughter loved it. I'm looking for ideas for this year. Can be White Mountains, Hannigan Meadow, Payson - whatever - just looking for some neat and affordable ideas. Only requirement is that we need a handicapped accessible cabin, and there has to be some nearby activities that are wheelchair accessible.

On another note, the company toyed with renting one of the WM "Rent A Lake"s a couple of years ago, and I'd like to look into it again, but I can't find it. Does anyone know what I am talking about? If so - do you have a website? Thanks :D

G

·
Shane and I looked into renting one of the lakes on the White Mountain Apache Res for a get-together, was absolutely cost prohibitive for the number of people involved. Don't remember the exact cost but I do rember it being rather costly. Wife and I have stayed at the Lodge in Alpine, motel/bar/eatery, and even played around with the idea of buying it many years ago. It's been a long time since we stayed there, was nice at the time, can't vouch for it now. Likewise with the Hannigan Meadow's Cabins. I believe both of them are handicap friendly.

http://www.wmat.nsn.us/hawleycabins2.html

·
Registered
969 Posts
The WMAT rent a lakes dont have any cabins on them, at least the ones I know of......and you have to reserve early to get it unless it isnt during prime time.
There are cabins at Hawley lake, that were taken away from non indians 20+ years ago, that you can rent.
Also, USFS has cabins in different parts of the state that are rentable, but dont know much more than that.

·
Administrator
6,602 Posts
Rat, get ahold of Seldomseen. He and his forum crew rented a lake in the WMAT last year and I believe it was something like $375 a day. Time everyone pitched in their equal share, it was really quite affordable. I believe there's only 2 lakes you can rent. Cyclone and Christmas Tree, I think? Anyway, get ahold of him for details.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.

To be clear - the cabins are for my family, the lake rental thing would be for the company.....

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
DR, don't forget about the North Rim country. There are cabins at Jacob's Lake but I don't remember if they are handi-capped accessible but a quick call would let you know. My wife, youngest daughter & I stayed at one a couple years back and liked them. We usually camped in the Kaibab but this time we were coming down from Wy and I didn't feel like packing all the stuff. The Kaibab is beautiful and you can go see the North Rim country of the Grand Canyon, it gets about 25% of the vistors the South Rim does. In fact, even tho I have lived here for 20 years I have yet to see the South Rim, the North gets my attention.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts