Retirement gift

Discussion in 'Firearms, Shooting, Optics, & Outdoor Gear' started by Chief, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Chief

Chief Guest

[​IMG]

I retired from the Army in 84 and was given a Rem 700, with a Leupold Scope and a ghille suit from the guys in the unit as a retirement gift. After 9/11 I started calling old friends back at Fort Bragg and the Pentagon to see if I could get re-called out of retirement. As luck would have it I was back on active duty in a matter of weeks, spent some time at Fort Bragg getting read into some programs and then headed out to parts unknown. When I re-retired I got two of these, one from the enlisted men and one from the officers. This one is from the enlisted men, the other one is similiar but without the engraving, however it was ordered with the high-brightness lasergrips.

2. Very cool.

Nice to share a board with a BTDT.

If you haven't already, you may want to visit www.socnetcentral.com/vb you may run across some folks with similar backgrounds.

3. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Chief, very nice and thanks for serving our country. A few times.
    :tea:

Marshall that's a neat site. Are you a member?

4. kenton6

kenton6 Guest

Thanks for sharing that info Chief. Thank you for serving this country. Without people like you.....well, I'm not sure what.

Nice gifts. I have a feeling that not everyone gets nice gifts like that when they retire. Only the special ones.

5. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

Am I the only one who noticed that Chief got the gun - #1 of 2600? Very nice Chief.

6. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Good eye AZ~Thunder, I missed that. Very nice Chief.

7. kenton6

kenton6 Guest

Another reason I guess I don't see deer like i used to. I didn't see the 1 of 2600 either. :(

8. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

Could it be you just don't "look" for deer like you used to? LOL.

9. I will make note it looks even prettier in person. As does the other one. I'm willing to bet the farm, If Chief ever wrote a book half of it would be classified until were all gone. LOL. And the rest of it longer then that. LOL

Shane