Rim Roads.

Discussion in 'Hunting Lounge' started by TallPaul, Mar 28, 2007.

1. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Help.
    I am looking for info. on the roads up on the rim. Are they open? I am talking Fire Roads. #34 , 99 ,170 Forest Laks area, I want to get up to Chevelon Lake this weekend and that area and start my scouting for Turkey. I am looking to get camping spots and check the area out.

I don't have time during the Day to call up there (or a cell Phone :lol: )

Any help on this?

2. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

TP, it snowed on the Rim last night and late this evening. Not sure about tonight. A warming trend is expected through the weekend, so by then, you shouldn't see any closures, but that's just me guessing. I'm pretty sure the lower end access to Chevelon Lake would be open. SR 87 to SR 99. If I can find out the road conditions, I will post it.

3. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Snow??? :twisted: Thanks Dan. Thats why am asking. Living in the desert, one forgets about snow. LOL. I can still go. It's the roads that I am worried about. I am perpaired for Cold weather. And may do some Fishing.

4. Friz95

Friz95 Guest

Tall Paul, I know FS 300 into Chevelon was closed last weekend, you had to access it through FS 160. The forest service web site for the National Forests use to have all of the road closures listed and they kept it updated regularly. http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/asnf/ This should get you the info that you want.
    Good Luck.

5. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Thanks , Friz. Went to the web site and it looks cold up there. LOL Snow!

6. In Flag, we have gotten about 2 inches in the last couple of hours.