Arizona Hunting Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like we will be leaving on 24 June for a month (maybe) of traveling. NM, CO, WY, UT are currently on the itinerary but subject to change on a moments notice as "she" is in charge of the travel plan.

Dan - we plan on spending the night of 24 June at Lyman Lake, if you can make it over, please do so. We will be in a white Dodge P/U with a 21' Jayco travel trailer.

We also plan to spend a day or two at Big Lake on our return trip. If I can get access to a computer while we are gone I'll post when we will be there just in case anybody else is in the area.

·
Administrator
6,603 Posts
Chief, I know the wife is in charge of your travel plans, but approximately how long would you be at Lyman? Reason is, I have company coming in from Seattle and they will be here from June 21-24. Might could make it up on the 25th, will just have to see as we get closer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only going to be there the afternoon/evening of the 24th. Should get in around 2 or 3 at the latest. Will leave early morning on the 25th for CO.

·
Administrator
6,603 Posts
Well, darn. Maybe we can shoot for a mid-September predator/quail gathering somewhere about halfway? If not, I guess I'll just have to mail ya the Forty Creek.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you come back through Colorado later in July come down route 139 from Rangely and stop at a place called Douglas Pass for a night or two. Take the road by the county road highway building and go east until you get to public land and camp somewhere there. It's not the best road but alot of trailers go out there if it's not wet. It's one of the best spots I've found to watch trophy mulies summer. You may see 30 to 40 170 plus bucks in an evening or early morning drive. God bless.
Mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks Mark, but I don't think that's doable. We will probably hug the western side of CO, Cortez, Rifle, Craig into WY than make a loop into northern UT, pretty much stay on the eastern edge of UT and down into northern AZ.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Chief,
if you ever ge up my way make sure you let me know ok would love to see you and take you and your wife up to the lodge for lunch/dinner were the elk will follow you have fun be safe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will be up your way in September for the Kenny Rodgers concert in Lauglin. Will probably be staying at the Aquaries.

·
Registered
588 Posts
ok cool depends on when in september but i maybe in flagstaff with petco helping build the new store and opeing it. but if not lets get together before you guys head down and go to the lodge for lunch sound good?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will be up your way in September for the Kenny Rodgers concert in Lauglin.
Kenny Rodgers ??? Thought he was dead??? What happened to his restruants??

Any way you all be careful on the road this summer. Today it heated up and I can say.... It's hot. Summer is here.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Slim, I know your not going to believe me but -- I don't know. Marge is planning the "route of march" and everytime I look over her shoulder she has the atlas turned to CO. All I know for sure is that we are leaving the morning of the 24th and will spend that night at Lyman Lake. I'm just going to be "Peter Pilot" on this trip. :)

Paul, If Kenny Rodgers is dead we just wasted a few hundred dollars in tickets and hotel rooms. :eek:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
If you were to get in the Lander/Riverton/Dubois area I might be able to suggest some spots to visit, drown a few worms and go see some pretty country and probably game.

·
Registered
33 Posts
chief we will be at mcphee the 24th thru the 30th at house creek campground swing on by if you get there space 38 jim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well folks this is probably going to be it for a while. Trailers all packed and truck is firmly attached. Was going to leave on Sunday but will probably now leave Friday or Saturday at the latest.

Slim - Made a note of the three places you mentioned, just in case we get around there. Still don't know were we are going in WY! Lyman Lake will be our first stop then on to CO for about a week.

Jim - Hope to see ya at House Creek toward the end of the month.

Dan - If you can get down to Lyman before I get there just leave the Forty Creek at the entrance to the lake with a note that I'll pick it up upon arrival:p

If'n I can find a computer while traveling around I'll get ya'll updated.

·
Administrator
6,603 Posts
Chief, travel safe and take plenty of pics!

And remember these two words while any traveling decisions are being made: "Yes, Dear."

1 - 20 of 20 Posts