Road Trip

Discussion in 'Community Campfire' started by Chief, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Chief

Chief Guest

Looks like we will be leaving on 24 June for a month (maybe) of traveling. NM, CO, WY, UT are currently on the itinerary but subject to change on a moments notice as "she" is in charge of the travel plan.

Dan - we plan on spending the night of 24 June at Lyman Lake, if you can make it over, please do so. We will be in a white Dodge P/U with a 21' Jayco travel trailer.

We also plan to spend a day or two at Big Lake on our return trip. If I can get access to a computer while we are gone I'll post when we will be there just in case anybody else is in the area.

2. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

Chief, I know the wife is in charge of your travel plans, but approximately how long would you be at Lyman? Reason is, I have company coming in from Seattle and they will be here from June 21-24. Might could make it up on the 25th, will just have to see as we get closer.

3. Chief

Chief Guest

Only going to be there the afternoon/evening of the 24th. Should get in around 2 or 3 at the latest. Will leave early morning on the 25th for CO.

4. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

Well, darn. Maybe we can shoot for a mid-September predator/quail gathering somewhere about halfway? If not, I guess I'll just have to mail ya the Forty Creek.

5. If you come back through Colorado later in July come down route 139 from Rangely and stop at a place called Douglas Pass for a night or two. Take the road by the county road highway building and go east until you get to public land and camp somewhere there. It's not the best road but alot of trailers go out there if it's not wet. It's one of the best spots I've found to watch trophy mulies summer. You may see 30 to 40 170 plus bucks in an evening or early morning drive. God bless.
    Mark

6. Chief

Chief Guest

thanks Mark, but I don't think that's doable. We will probably hug the western side of CO, Cortez, Rifle, Craig into WY than make a loop into northern UT, pretty much stay on the eastern edge of UT and down into northern AZ.

7. Chief,
    if you ever ge up my way make sure you let me know ok would love to see you and take you and your wife up to the lodge for lunch/dinner were the elk will follow you have fun be safe

8. Chief

Chief Guest

Will be up your way in September for the Kenny Rodgers concert in Lauglin. Will probably be staying at the Aquaries.

9. ok cool depends on when in september but i maybe in flagstaff with petco helping build the new store and opeing it. but if not lets get together before you guys head down and go to the lodge for lunch sound good?

10. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Kenny Rodgers ??? Thought he was dead??? What happened to his restruants??

Any way you all be careful on the road this summer. Today it heated up and I can say.... It's hot. Summer is here.