Rules and Directions for Submissions

Discussion in 'Happy Trails' started by AZ~ThunderDan, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod

Folks, do you have a unique story about the great outdoors? Is it one you'd like to share? If so, this is the place to share it. Your story can be related to hunting, fishing, or anything dealing with the outdoors.

If you have a story you'd like to share, please draft your story in a format such as Microsoft Word (or similar software). This will allow you to run a spell check, check your word count, and thus allow you to cut/paste your story into your post.

For now, we ask that everyone try to keep their submissions to 1,000 words or less. Please include a title for your story as well. (Ex.: My Unit 9 Archery Bull!)

Brush up on your writing skills and let's hear some stories of your most "memorable moment" in the great outdoors.

From the AHT team... Happy Trails!

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Super Mod Mod

Also, if you have a story but would like it edited first, send it along to me and I'll be happy to polish it up.

3. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod

Folks, this is not meant to criticize any recent submissions here, but... many have drifted away from the intent of this exclusive forum.

The Happy Trails forum was designed for outdoors experiences, written in "story" form, much like you'd read in an outdoors magazine.

If you're just wanting to share your 'short story' experiences, and you don't consider yourself as someone with good writing skills, then please - post those types of submissions in our Hunting Lounge.

I will be moving some of the submissions that have been posted here into the Hunting Lounge. If some of them belong to you, please ...don't be offended, and thanks for your understanding.

Happy Trails everyone!