Second Weekend Dove

Discussion in 'Bird Dogs, Upland, Migratory & Waterfowl' started by kcota15, Sep 13, 2020.

1. I just couldn't resist one more morning. With the cooler weather and still lots of birds around my son and I decided we would go one more time. Glad we did. The birds were a little later in flying but there was lots of action once they did. Finished the season with four limits on four days of hunting. Good year for sure. Time to turn my focus on upcoming deer and elk hunts.
    20200913_101141_resize_82.jpg

Mark, 270 Bob, HighBirds and 8 others like this.
  2. rk

rk Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

What does your son shoot?

3. He doesn't shoot yet. Next year.

4. He’s a retriever like my son lol

kcota15 likes this.
  5. This year’s turning out to be a good one! Still great numbers heading into the last couple days of the season! Can’t remember the last time I could honesty say that :)

HighBirds and kcota15 like this.
  6. We could use the rain but the lack of storms seems to have kept the birds around longer.

7. Great to see those young folks out in the field. Love of the outdoors starts early! Kudos Kelly.

kcota15 likes this.
  8. This has been a great dove season, probably the best I’ve had. Hopefully good fortune continues through the fall and winter.

Good luck on your deer and elk hunts @KellyC

270 Bob, kcota15 and Buster like this.
  9. Well, I couldn't resist either! One last hooray during the waning moments of the season spent with a box of 28 gauge shells. Wasn't expecting a limit with only about 30 minutes of total hunt time, but when things got close I was really trying to will myself to it. It wasn't meant to be though and there weren't quite enough birds to make up for some easy misses that I had. No complaints from me though, it was an excellent season!
    IMG_6567[2994].jpg

Mark, kcota15, Logan and 2 others like this.