Secret #2 Hunting Spot.

Discussion in 'Bird Dogs, Upland, Migratory & Waterfowl' started by TallPaul, Dec 19, 2006.

1. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Went out again today to see how the cold weather was going to effect the Dove and Quail. Quail still tuff. The Dove were not flying as much. I didn't get out until 11:00 AM. It was cold out there, 48 degrees but I had Sun until 3:00 Pm, so that was nice.

[​IMG]

Caught One Flying.
    [/img][​IMG]

Taking aim.
    [​IMG]

Got a few.
    [/img][​IMG]

[​IMG]

.[/img]

[​IMG]

2. kinda giving away yer huntin' spot with that "locomotive" mountain in the background..........there used to be a mess of coyotes in that country.

3. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

That's the biggest joke about it, everyone knows where it is. :roflpmp:

4. Chief

Chief Guest

I don't, but if'n there are a bunch of coyotes in there "we" need to go calling.

5. Way cool. I havent had time to chase birds this season, and probably wont until I fill my archery tag. A deer adds just a little more then soem birds to the freezer. LOL.. But godo looking area, and looks like your ading to the bag regualrly.

I was out on the west side of the Santa ritas this morning, taking a hunting short cut home. found a spot that had about 300 dove flying around everywhere. I havent seen that may birds in one spot in quite a while.

went on to see about 20 hunters, after deer, quail, and no telling what else. Also found bunches of whitetail. But all but one were does. adn the little buck I was able to tell he was a buck, but not enough antlers to show at 500 yards. So didnt take the time to climb the mountain to make sure.