Arizona Hunting Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I followed some (not old, but not fresh either) pig tracks down into some real thick stuff. I could hardly get through it. Anyway, On one of the paths was a fresh gob of chewed up leaves. Not crap, not cud. Leaves. The pile was still moist, and about the size of a ping-pong ball. The leaves were off of a nearby shrub that didn't really look like typical "javelina fare".

Did a pig do this? A bird? A deer? There were no fresh tracks in the vicinity....

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL - I do, but I didn't think to take a picture.

My camera is carried for success pics (never been used - hahaha)

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
No idea what might have done that. Could have been anything including a pig. Maybe just didnt like it. LOL

·
Administrator
6,603 Posts
Maybe that "wad" was from a hunter who ran out of Copenhagen? :roll:

Hang in there Rat, you'll get yer pig. I can feel it.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hang in there Rat, you'll get yer pig. I can feel it.
No worry guys... I used to put a lot of pressure on myself, and then be bitterly disappointed when I didn't get anything. I've worked hard to change that - after awhile it just wasn't fun. Now I go out to be out. To learn some stuff and find some interesting things. If I see game, great. If I get a shot, cool. If I get something, even better. The goal though now, is to get out there and enjoy nature.

·
Administrator
6,744 Posts
Marshall, can't help you with the chewed leaf question, but good luck on your hunt! I know a few spots in 37A if you run out of places to look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts