Sign question

Discussion in 'Small Game' started by Desert Rat, Jan 6, 2007.

1. The other day I followed some (not old, but not fresh either) pig tracks down into some real thick stuff. I could hardly get through it. Anyway, On one of the paths was a fresh gob of chewed up leaves. Not crap, not cud. Leaves. The pile was still moist, and about the size of a ping-pong ball. The leaves were off of a nearby shrub that didn't really look like typical "javelina fare".

Did a pig do this? A bird? A deer? There were no fresh tracks in the vicinity....

2. Chief

Chief Guest

Ya need to start carrying a camera with ya.

3. LOL - I do, but I didn't think to take a picture.

My camera is carried for success pics (never been used - hahaha)

4. Sounds more like rabbit chewing more than anything.
    I have a feeling this will be yer year...........

5. No idea what might have done that. Could have been anything including a pig. Maybe just didnt like it. LOL

6. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

Maybe that "wad" was from a hunter who ran out of Copenhagen? :roll:

Hang in there Rat, you'll get yer pig. I can feel it.

7. No worry guys... I used to put a lot of pressure on myself, and then be bitterly disappointed when I didn't get anything. I've worked hard to change that - after awhile it just wasn't fun. Now I go out to be out. To learn some stuff and find some interesting things. If I see game, great. If I get a shot, cool. If I get something, even better. The goal though now, is to get out there and enjoy nature.

8. rk

rk Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

Marshall, can't help you with the chewed leaf question, but good luck on your hunt! I know a few spots in 37A if you run out of places to look.