Arizonahuntingforums.com banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
12/28/2020

It was a good day. Even though I came back empty handed.
I can now say I glassed and went to the bathroom at the same time.
I saw a jackrabbit the size of a child. As I tried to loop around some quail. I gave up on them and went up to the top of ridges to glass. The wind was in face the entire day. Spotted 4 deer. I believe to be all does. But with 8x26 binoculars and that glare/haze that comes in when your glassing into the direction of the sun its hard to tell. While I kept sweeping from deer to deer. I heard some noise down in front of me. I spotted about 5 javelina. Slowly and i mean slowly making their way down. I gave my j13 call a go. They ended up moving a little faster out of focus. Came back to the quail on my way out. Might need to put in the full choke. They must recognize me. Or my "quail" call.

·
Registered
330 Posts
12/28/2020

It was a good day. Even though I came back empty handed.
I can now say I glassed and went to the bathroom at the same time.
I saw a jackrabbit the size of a child. As I tried to loop around some quail. I gave up on them and went up to the top of ridges to glass. The wind was in face the entire day. Spotted 4 deer. I believe to be all does. But with 8x26 binoculars and that glare/haze that comes in when your glassing into the direction of the sun its hard to tell. While I kept sweeping from deer to deer. I heard some noise down in front of me. I spotted about 5 javelina. Slowly and i mean slowly making their way down. I gave my j13 call a go. They ended up moving a little faster out of focus. Came back to the quail on my way out. Might need to put in the full choke. They must recognize me. Or my "quail" call.
That sounds like a heck on an area! Good spot to be in...

Just make sure you have a kitty tag with you so if you come upon him you can get him out of there...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
01/07/2021

Happy New year!
Went on my first bow javelina hunt today. Found a nice spot above the ridge where I saw them last. Looked like an lion was using it as a litter box. Only saw quail today. Not sure if I should stay on the ridges or hang out in the wash. I might have to get out there earlier and stay later.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
01/12/20

Drove past two coyotes trottin along the road on the way in. Saw a deer making its way up a ridge also. Came across quail in the same area as last time. Nice size covey. Saw a doe briefly as it disappeared into the brush.Came across a trail with some javelina tracks but no fresh sign. Found a aluminum arrow that was quite long. The end was tapered with no fetching. I ended up loosing two arrows and broke one.

pics:https://photos.app.goo.gl/nxDPaz4ZKBjYHuwg7

·
Super Moderator
13,403 Posts
I hate loosing arrows, a twig catches them as you go by thick stuff and fall out.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
01/17/21

Was able to stay in one spot today. I glasses for about 5 hours. Saw a hand full of deer. Two bucks. One happen to snort his way up the the side of the wash to my left. I used the primo big can and it stopped. He wasnt scared when he saw me. He just continued his on way. I was able to find him a couple hours later. He was bed down and kept looking behind him. I watched go up the ridge and down to the other side. I was able to faintly hear quail which sounded like they were in the same place as last time.

·
Super Moderator
13,403 Posts
Nice country, really didnt see what was in the video until it was zoomed in, and then only saw movement, but cool to see. With all the noise in background kind of surprised a deer would have been there at all. Looks to be good Javi area.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
01/28/20

Non permit archery in my unit ended the 21st. Scout scout scout. I decided to stay off the ridge on my way in. I focused ontrying to find trails. As I came around a side of a hill. I noticed fresh beds and cactus pads ripped up. I spotted one javelina near the top. One turned into two then three then five. I glassed them for about an hour. I was able to get with in 10 yards of em(crawling). I watched one take off down the ridge across the wash and on to the other side of the canyon. Not sure where the others took off to. Not much action in the snow.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts