SPRING DRAW IS UP!!!!

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  TallPaul 
G
#1 ·
SPRING DRAW IS UP!

I POSTED IN THE FORUM THAT i WAS DRAWN!

#4 ·
Tags all the way around this time. LOL.

Kids drew first choice jr. turkey in unit 27.

Oldest drew the jr. javy hunt in 33, First choice

#2 drew General javy in 33. First choice

I drew 4a-4b Turkey 3rd choice, and second choice 33 archery javy.

#5 ·
Wahoo!!

Drawn first choice Javelina unit 35 Archery.
Drawn second choice Turkey 12A! :roll: I put that down never thinking I'd have a prayer regardless of where I put it.

My son drew first choice javelina unit 35A rifle.

Chief - looks like you'll have some company! :)

#9 ·
Well let's see....I got skunked last spring in the draw, got skunked this fall in the draw, and got skunked again for the spring draw of 2007. I guess you could say I'm batting a thousand the last year and a half. Man, I have got to get my butt over to Corner Archery and buy a bow.

#10 ·
Fritz,

There are enough javalina tags left to get you one probably in whatever unit you want. Check the game and fish web site. Something like several hundred - a thousand or so tags left. I didnt count but you should not have any problems getting a tag close.

Slim,

Ya know funny thing. My cousin did the same thing. His frist 2 choices were the 4a-4b hunts, and he did not draw either. My first choice was the early goulds hunt, then my second choice was unit 27 in anticipation of the kids drawing one of their first 2 choices ( which they did) and I end up drawing third choice. NO idea how that works. Kind of goes against everything I have ever heard about the drawing system. I have no idea. I'm still wondering how I drew second choice javalina when there are several hundred tags left in my first choice unit. Makes no sence to me at all.

Shane

#12 ·
The draw is like this.
If your number (numbers if you have bonus points) assigned to you by the draw administrator gets picked, they look at your first and second choice (in that order), if those tags are taken, your number is put back in to the pool. It is possible for that same person to get their number (numbers) drawn immidiately again and still get their 3,4,5 choice if those tags are not all issued. So, it goes like this, someone could get their number (numbers if you have bonus points) picked twice, even before someone else gets drawn once. That's the beauty, and bummer for some, of a random drawing. I know of a few people who got their 3-5 choices in the past year or so.
If you have bonus points, let's say 4, you will get 5 numbers assigned to you for that draw for that species. 1 for the application, and 4 for your bonus points. All of these are put into the pool and we all just pray that one of them gets picked before those tags are all gone! :wink:
Any other question, just let me know.

#13 ·
Coues84, It figures there are 5000 tags left and I got stiffed the first time around. Oh well, that is my own fault for trying to stay in the areas I know well enough to HAM hunt the little buggers. I will put in again for the first come draw for an area I am not as familiar with, it will give me a good reason to do more scouting and exploring, plus I can go chase the quail around which is always one of my favorite hunts. Something about those running little bastards that gets my adreneline up.

G
#14 ·
archerman said:
The draw is like this.
If your number (numbers if you have bonus points) assigned to you by the draw administrator gets picked, they look at your first and second choice (in that order), if those tags are taken, your number is put back in to the pool. It is possible for that same person to get their number (numbers) drawn immidiately again and still get their 3,4,5 choice if those tags are not all issued. So, it goes like this, someone could get their number (numbers if you have bonus points) picked twice, even before someone else gets drawn once. That's the beauty, and bummer for some, of a random drawing. I know of a few people who got their 3-5 choices in the past year or so.
If you have bonus points, let's say 4, you will get 5 numbers assigned to you for that draw for that species. 1 for the application, and 4 for your bonus points. All of these are put into the pool and we all just pray that one of them gets picked before those tags are all gone! :wink:
Any other question, just let me know.
So how do the bonus points work. I only had, Maybe one point for Turkey. I have Hunter ED point. I never saw my bonus point from the 2006 fall draw and should have had one because I didn't get drawn.
I am stupit with all this. I got lucky this spring with two tags. I got lucky last year with one tag in spring.
Not complaining but don't get it. I hear some hunters have7 bonus points and still don't get drawn. Is that because they didn't get pick out of the barrel? And I did. and if we both got picked would the one with more points get the tags?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.