Spring Turkey 2007!

Discussion in 'Small Game' started by TallPaul, May 18, 2007.

1. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

I am heading up to Payson to get that Turkey that I have a Tag for.
    Hope I can make it to Chevelon Lake. So thats it, I will try hunting with the Fire and all I also hear a lot of storms are up there. This will be fun.

Can you say Smoke Turkey???:tea:

2. good luck post pixs when you get back

3. Good luck and let me know how you do.

Shane

4. Chief

Chief Guest

Good luck Paul and take plenty of pictures.

5. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

Good luck Paul, hope you get yourself a big old Tom.

6. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

No Go On Turkey, Limit On Trout.

I didn't Tag a Turkey. Hunted Saturday near Forest Lakes . Saw some hunters, but none of them Tagged any that I could see. Had some showers the whole weekend. It did help the Fire though. All roads were closed leading into my hunting spot. I thought I may be able to get near my spot fom the north side. Headed up to Chevelon Canyon Lake. Went up to Chevelon Crossing. I never been there before and took some photos. Made up to the Lake with thunder and lighting as I pulled up to the Lake. Did make the 1/2 mile HIKE down lake. I had the whole lake to myself. I couldn't believe it. Two float flyfishermen were leaving and one had a nice looking 17 inch Brown Trout. I got my limit in about 1 hour. All nice size Trout with my smallest 14 inches and the biggest being 17 inch which was my dinner for the night. I released the rest that was on my stringer. I haven't fished like that for many years. Every cast I'm pulling in a fighting trout and no people around. Headed out of there to fine my number two Turkey spot. Sunday morning wasn't any better and packed it up about 10:00 AM to head back home . Here's a few Pictures.

Smoke all over. Just outside of Payson.
    [​IMG]

HotShots Fire Truck.
    [​IMG]

Chevelon Crossing
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chevelon Canyon Lake.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trout
    [​IMG]

Barts Crossing
    [​IMG]

7. Nice pics there Paul,

I was going to take the fishing gear out of the truck before I left today. Now I might just leave it . Be headed up that way around 1 this afternoon. I will hopefully have some stories when I get back on Thursday. The last 4 days of the hunt. type to everyone then

Shane

8. nice pixs though sorry you didnt tag out maybe next year you will