Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading up to Payson to get that Turkey that I have a Tag for.
Hope I can make it to Chevelon Lake. So thats it, I will try hunting with the Fire and all I also hear a lot of storms are up there. This will be fun.

Can you say Smoke Turkey???:tea:

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Good luck and let me know how you do.

Shane

·
Administrator
6,601 Posts
Good luck Paul, hope you get yourself a big old Tom.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No Go On Turkey, Limit On Trout.

I didn't Tag a Turkey. Hunted Saturday near Forest Lakes . Saw some hunters, but none of them Tagged any that I could see. Had some showers the whole weekend. It did help the Fire though. All roads were closed leading into my hunting spot. I thought I may be able to get near my spot fom the north side. Headed up to Chevelon Canyon Lake. Went up to Chevelon Crossing. I never been there before and took some photos. Made up to the Lake with thunder and lighting as I pulled up to the Lake. Did make the 1/2 mile HIKE down lake. I had the whole lake to myself. I couldn't believe it. Two float flyfishermen were leaving and one had a nice looking 17 inch Brown Trout. I got my limit in about 1 hour. All nice size Trout with my smallest 14 inches and the biggest being 17 inch which was my dinner for the night. I released the rest that was on my stringer. I haven't fished like that for many years. Every cast I'm pulling in a fighting trout and no people around. Headed out of there to fine my number two Turkey spot. Sunday morning wasn't any better and packed it up about 10:00 AM to head back home . Here's a few Pictures.

Smoke all over. Just outside of Payson.

HotShots Fire Truck.

Chevelon Crossing

Chevelon Canyon Lake.

Trout

Barts Crossing

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Nice pics there Paul,

I was going to take the fishing gear out of the truck before I left today. Now I might just leave it . Be headed up that way around 1 this afternoon. I will hopefully have some stories when I get back on Thursday. The last 4 days of the hunt. type to everyone then

Shane

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Lots of boot leather onthe ground, Lots of tire wear, 2 Gobbler tracks, Lots of solo hen tracks. And thats about it for my season. Didnt hear any couldnt make them talk , couldnt even fidn any fresh sign of the little buggers. With any luck I might get another shot at it this fall archery wise.

Shane

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shane, I feel for ya. Hope you can get one this fall. What unit you think you be hunt for fall Turkey?

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Paul,

Which ever unit I have the tag in that coincides with the archery turkey tag. Archery gives me a whole lot more options. Basically every turkey in the state except Goulds. I just dont remember the dates, But one of my fall hunts falls within the time frame..

Shane

1 - 13 of 13 Posts