Staking out gut piles?

Discussion in 'Predators & Furbearers' started by azcat, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Has anyone ever staked out their gut pile after having a successful deer/elk hunt? I thought about this after I got my first deer last weekend. After I had it field dressed, I was looking at that mess of innards and thoght what an ideal attractant.
    1. What are the legal aspects of doing this? Does this fall into the "baiting" category?
    2. What are the ethical sapects? We hunt waterholes and make distress calls to attract.

Your thoughts please.

2. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

azcat, hmmm... I am not sure about this one.
    You bring up a good point about baiting.
    Ethical I would say it was baiting. If I was to leave it there to hunt some thing that comes in on it I would say I was baiting and not do it. Now that is just me. ( unless it was for a Coyote, Mt. LION..... Just Kidding)

3. Totally legal. The only thing you cannot bait in AZ is Bear and migratory birds.
    Ethically, I don't see anything wrong either. We all use tools to get us those one ups on the animals. They still beat us at the game 9 times outta ten!
    For predators, everything is fair game in my book. Those rascals cost us alot of game through their lifespans! As long as you keep it legal, go for it!

4. Chief

Chief Guest

Just because it is legal does not make it ethical - just because it is illegal does not make it unethical

Ethics is like beauty - it's in the eye of the beholder.

5. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Well said Chief.

As far as Predators go ln my book. I still give them the Fair Chase. I don't think they take to much game from me.

Don't for get if some of you don't know some of my views- I surport the reinterduction of Wovles.

Heck that's how they live. I get to live in a house and go to the store for my Dinner.