Arizona Hunting Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks Desert Rat, I was just talking to my little brother about this last night.
I didn't know it was up already or I would have printed it out for him.
You are definitely on the ball.

·
Registered
124 Posts
LMAO......so sorry, I knew what I meant to spell. Please accept my most sincere apologizes...........................

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:p i thought it was so funny maybe me and DR sr look alike LMAO JK Desert_Rat :lol2: had to say just having fun was a long day today

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I can assure you, Desert Ram, that you are much better looking than I am...

·
Registered
410 Posts
It is good that they do this--it is very informative-Thanx.
What I'd like to see them do is put the water catchment book on line.

·
Administrator
6,743 Posts
What I'd like to see them do is make the water catchment book useable! You know, like with "real" maps, GPS coordinates, anything.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Mapping gets to be a real pain. FS & BLM Maps use Range & Township--with a little hint of Lat-Long & UTM thrown in. GPS is Lat-Long or UTM period. It is a real pain out in the field to calculate your GPS location on the map. I have the UTM reader and Topo Companion. They work fine at a desk--not to well in in the field. If you can find FS "K" tags--that helps--or witness trees-if you are lucky. Locating Benchmarks works good too.
Would be nice if they all got on the same page.

·
Administrator
6,743 Posts
I have National Geographic Topo for Arizona. When I print maps, I usually print grid lines, which makes plotting a lat/lon location a piece of cake. Or I just punch the coords into the software or into my GPS receiver...

Anything would be better than those hand-drawn maps in the water book!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Totally agree--and they get $35 or $40 bucks for it. I manage to navigate them though.
Somebody that has one ought to scan it into their computer and then send out the appropriate pages to forum members on request--A nominal charge would be OK. AZGFD would probably get you on a copyright violation if you charged though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts