Tackle Shortage

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by Buster, May 18, 2020.

1. I went there on Wednesday too. Didn’t check the tackle, but the kayaks, paddles, and life jackets were mostly sold out! I bought the last one of the paddle type I wanted. Will look for a life jacket elsewhere today!

2. I was there between 4-5. Marine was wiped out, I was looking for roof racks (turns out e-trailer is best bet). Tons of moon pies still left tho!

az-jim and Buster like this.

3. it's crazy down here for the past week. no social distancing at all. river rats are everywhere with their inner tubes and coolers. fishing tomorrow at 0500 with Doc. going to a place where there should not be anyone for miles. wait 2 weeks after Memorial Day and lets see how bad the Covid spike is............

Logan, SingleShot20G and bearfoot1 like this.
  4. az-jim

az-jim Staff Member Mod Premium Member

I noticed some shortages at BP and Sportsmans last summer but I’m thinking it was closer to mid-end of summer.
    When this Covid-BS broke in early March or whatever, I did see quite a few people buying rods and tackle at different outfitters, enough that it caught my attention as more than you normally see.

SingleShot20G likes this.
  5. saw nothing but carp!! the only way to fish Yuma is for cats or you need a boat! Local Walmart had a fishing sale, got some spinner baits and some swimmers.

SingleShot20G likes this.