Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to how many of us do our own tax returns and do we use a software program. I have been using Turbo Tax for about 5 years now and am pleased with the results I get from it. Although not pleased with the federal tax codes :x Although I do them early, I normally owe so I wait until the last day to mail them.

·
Registered
970 Posts
This was the first year we used a CPA.........but, with 3 businesses, we had to. Hate paying someone to do it tho, at least we get money back....... 8)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When we had the Guns & Ammo and guide business we used a CPA also, just about have to, codes are to damn complicated for me.

Don't like it when I get a refund, that just means I gave the government an interest free loan of MY money. Rather have to pay, that means I got an interest free loan. All things considered I just as soon break even.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Taxes!!!

We do ours by hand. Every year. I talked about Turbo Tax and that costs ... what's that $40.00. I am cheap. We get it all done by Jan.31 and send it out the first week of Feb. We get our checks in March.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My wife's sister is a bean counter by trade. She does a good job. Sorry Chief, but 10 grand plus a year for the last five years is nice to get back. I know that I pay the government way to much. But that big check sure comes in handy. I just wish that my wife didn't know about it. Them maybe I could buy my own camper.

·
Administrator
6,598 Posts
We've owed $1400 for each of the past two years. Sure hope next year will be different, with all the new house mortgage interest and all.

We use a CPA my sister works for. Doesn't seem to help in the return department, but, we do get a discount for the tax prep. I think it's a "sympathy" discount. :cry:

·
66 Posts
I buy the Turbo Tax software. It costs around $40.00 initially, but I usually end up making money off of it in addition to what I get back. I like it just fine.

Doug Gordon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts