Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never watched this. I guess people are placed somewhere in the wilderness and must find a way to survive the old fashioned way. A new series begins Thursday. And I know a contestant.
Clay Hayes. I hunted with him for hogs on coastal Georgia. I met-him at several PBS conventions and listened to him speak. He makes and hunts with his own selfbows and they are beautiful. He writes and has many videos on YouTube focused on traditional hunting. It is neat to see someone you know on a reality show. I hope he does well. A 1 million dollar payday would be very nice.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I hope your friend has done well [ as we are talking about this it is probably already over.]
I have a friend in FL. that has applied several times for this show. He reads books, takes seminars, and practices his outdoor skills. But as I pointed out to him, the winners are the ones that are most comfortable being by themselves. And for long periods of time!
They all are given a camera and encouraged to keep a video diary. The winners are the ones that take a little time each day to leave a message for their family, and a little time each day to imagine what each member of their family is doing. It is what keeps them in tune with what is outside their reach! Old Timers used to keep journals.
I don't think my friend has ever been away from other people for more that a day or so. DR

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I set the tv recorder today! Good luck to Clay and the other contestants. It’s a a great show to pass time during our hot Summers.

·
Super Moderator
13,971 Posts
What Channel and Time tonight ???

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
History channel 9:30 PM.
Guess my friend can record this for me. I do not have the technology and will not be awake that late

·
Super Moderator
13,971 Posts
I'll be in bed getting my beauty sleep

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My wife informed me with our cox cable we can use Contour to watch previously played shows. Might have to wait a few days till it is available but... it is included with the cable so..no additional charge. I still may take popcorn to my friends and watch his DVR recording.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I wish I could take the time off to participate in this show...it's my favorite too.

Reactions: azelkhntr

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
I'm not much of a TV watcher. Never heard of this show till this post popped up. Where can you find the old re-runs? I know I can Google it..... but I like the free knowledge from you guys! Lol

·
Super Moderator
1,922 Posts
If you have a roku or fire stick you can download the history channel app and watch on there. Netflix might have some seasons as well

·
Super Moderator
13,971 Posts
It was on after my first best show of Mountain Men, then Alone was on at 7pm. Watch 30 mins of it before I fell asleep. I saw this Clay dude shoot a grouse with his recurve like on first show. Some are already cracking up for less then a week ALONE. I wish him luck, at least they are not Naked & Afraid. :p

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
One down already due to lack of nourishment and a bad ticker. I’m questioning the producers judgement in letting him on. The beginning is crucial for that first week. Put up a good temporary shelter ASAP then get as many lines as you can in the water. Then start building your permanent casa. Being at 3800’ is going to be a huge factor along with the bruins on their psyches.

·
Super Moderator
1,922 Posts
7 PM? I thought it was 9:30. Are you in a different time zone?
With some providers you can get shows earlier. Had Dish before and shows would start on east coast time. Maybe that's still the case?

·
Super Moderator
1,922 Posts
One down already due to lack of nourishment and a bad ticker. I’m questioning the producers judgement in letting him on. The beginning is crucial for that first week. Put up a good temporary shelter ASAP then get as many lines as you can in the water. Then start building your permanent casa. Being at 3800’ is going to be a huge factor along with the bruins on their psyches.
where's this season located?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts