Arizona Hunting Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
I just bought new 300WM, and I love it, Only shot it a few times to sight it in to a hundred yards, so Im still new to it. It come with a muzzle brake, LOL,,, thing is loud.
I love my.300WM. But you are right bearfoot, it is a cannon.

Reactions: maxhunter262
OK, so my wife has agreed to allow me to get a new rifle and save up for a moose hunt (maybe even Alaska). I think I have settled in of buying a 30.06 over a 300 Win Mag due to the versatility of the available rounds. My questions are...

1 - What is the best bolt action 30.06, and why?
2 - Which scope would be good for the money that will work in the cold as wells as the heat of Az?

Trying to stay < $2000 for a good setup that will be great shooter out to 500 yards without wearing you out. There are so many reviews out there and opinions, that it is hard to sift through this.
What budget you have? Around $2000 you can buy great modern thermal scope, it is very useful device, especially at night. If no, look for smart hd scopes.

I've never shot one, but I've got my eye on the Kimber 84M hunter, that paired with either a Vortex or Leupold scope would get my vote. My buddy uses a a Tikka T3 (.300 WM) with a vortex 4-12 and he absolutely loves it

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.