Arizonahuntingforums.com banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
6,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the 2007 elk and antelope draws have ended - and most of the hip-hip-hoorays have subsided, I was wondering what the TBP counts are for everyone here.

My current bonus point totals are as follows: 2 for deer, 6 for antelope and 2 for elk.

If you are unsure of your total bonus point accumulations, you can click Here to determine your current totals.

For anyone who might be unfamiliar with the AZG&FD website, select the option - View Draw Results/Bonus Points and fill in the required fields.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
I have 6 for deer,

8 for sheep,

One point for everything else I dont apply for ( hunters safety point) bear, bison,

And 2 for everything else I do apply for. ( hunters safety and loyalty point) Being antelope, elk, turkey, javalina

Thats about it.

Shane

C

·
0 Posts
Elk = :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

Sheep = :roflpmp: :roflpmp: :roflpmp: :roflpmp: :roflpmp: :roflpmp: :roflpmp: :roflpmp: :roflpmp: :roflpmp: :roflpmp: :roflpmp:

Buffalo = More than the above

Antelope = 5

C

·
0 Posts
If you don't keep a sense of humor about this stuff, it'll drive ya to drink, and as most of ya know I don't drink :lol: water that is.

What is really frustrating with me is that with my age and deteriating back condition the time is growing short for a quality elk hunt, this coming year or the following at most is it. I have killed more than enough elk, but all have been for the freezer, now is the time for one for the wall. I want my youngest grandson (2 years old) to be able to say: "Boy! grandpa sure did shoot a BIG elk." And I want my next youngest to say "Yeah he sure did and I was with him when he did it."

·
Registered
588 Posts
my BPs

ok wel dont laugh at mine ok guys here they are

Deer 2
Antelope 1
Elk 1
Bighorn 1
buffalo 1
Turkey 3
Javelina 1
Bear 1

LMAO we just dont put in for alot of the other hunts we do archery deer and i had an elk tag last year with no luck :cry: and love turkey hunting is what we do though guess we need to do more hunting lol

·
Administrator
6,321 Posts
Hey Chief, have you called the G&F draw department to see what max points is for elk, and how many people there are with that many points? Have you been putting in by yourself, or with someone else who has fewer points? Just curious...

Anyway, here are mine. Since it says these numbers are as of last fall, I guess it does not include the points I just earned for elk and antelope.

DEER: 5
ANTELOPE: 8
ELK: 6
BIGHORN SHEEP: 9
BUFFALO: 1
TURKEY: 1
JAVELINA: 2
BEAR: 1

·
Registered
588 Posts
lol

there is no max for BP's sorry to tell you all this but the G&F has no max limit on how many you can have. what they are going to do this next year is set aside so many tags for people that have alot of BP's i.e. 15 for elk you would get a tag so on till those folks get those tags and those with high BP's get weeded out lol hope this helps you understand it a little better.

·
Administrator
6,321 Posts
Help me understand? My friend, I fear it is you who do not understand my questions. There is a group of people who have more bonus points than everyone else. I was just wondering if Mr. Chief is one of them, and how many people there are in that group. It has everything to do with what his odds will be in the next drawing. Since they raised the pass percentage, I was wondering if he is on the verge of getting his pick of hunts.

And there actually is a limit on how many bonus points a person can have. I believe the bonus point system was initiated in 1991. So including the drawing that was just concluded, that would be 17 years, plus a hunter ed. point, plus a loyalty point. So the most a person could have, if my math is correct, is 19. But I don't believe there is anyone left with that many. I had max points (13 at that time) when I was drawn in 2003, and according to G&F, there were only 10 of us that year. I knew I would get my first choice, and I only applied for one choice, early rifle bull in unit 27. I drew tag #1.

Getting back to my questions, I am guessing that max points is something less than 19. I was wondering if it is 18, or maybe 17 by now. If it is 17, Chief's odds in the next drawing will hinge on how many other people have 17 points.

So I'm thinking Mr. Chief here may be sitting real pretty right now.

T

·
0 Posts
deer - 3
antelope - 2
elk - 2
bighorn - 1
buffalo - 1
turkey - 1
javelina - 1
bear - 1

Okay can someone answer the Loyalty Points. How many years is it. 5 years? It has to be the same unit correct? or is it the Speceis ? Do the Loyalty points go away if you get a tag???

·
Administrator
6,321 Posts
5 years, by species, and you keep it as long as you keep applying every year.

·
Registered
588 Posts
ok

well i teach hunter ed for G&F and there is NO max on BP's this next year they are going to set aside so many tags for people that have high BP's so chief if he has high BP's has a great chance of getting a tag for the unit he wants but like always there is a chance he wont thats way its called a draw. he needs to put in for the one unit he wants and hope for the best. but to answer your question it does look good for me to get a tag next year. but only put in for 1 unit not for 2 or 3 different choices.

·
Registered
21 Posts
DEER: =1
ANTELOPE: =3
ELK: =3
BIGHORN SHEEP: =1
BUFFALO: =1
TURKEY: =1
JAVELINA: =1
BEAR: =1

·
Administrator
6,321 Posts

C

·
0 Posts
Hey rk - I have been putting in by myself, not sure I want to share my points with someone who only has a very few. However a few years back, I did share with my son, who had none. He has since been drawn and knows better now than to ask dad to share all them points, although I would. Last I talked to G&F I am now in the top 50 so if not drawn this coming year I am (almost) assured a tag in 09. I also, like you, only put in for early rifle in 27 and 1, however this past draw I did put in for early muzzle loader as my 3rd choice.

·
Administrator
6,321 Posts
Well Chief, I have some good news for you. I just got off the phone with the draw department, and here is the current breakdown:

Amazingly, max points for elk is still 19. However, the good news is that these two guys (yes, there are only 2 of them) have both been consistently applying on applications with other people that have fewer points than they do, effectively lowering the number of points for their applications.

There are only 6 people with 18 points!

And there are only 25 people with 17 points!!

So you are in the drivers seat. Don't give in and apply for anything less than your first choice. With the pass percentage at 15%, you are almost guaranteed that tag next year (obviously depending on what you and those other guys apply for, and how many of them are applying with other people). Good luck with those back troubles! I bet you could get some folks to carry you through the woods if necessary, and then help pack out your bull.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Antelope-3
Deer-1

That's it, I have no more. I have never put in for sheep or buffalo.
I used my elk points this year on a cow tag, not that anyone would know the difference once it is put on a plate in front of them.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts