Trail cams and when the end of the trail has been reached

Discussion in 'Trail Cam Pictures' started by RickyG, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Like a lot of things, the price has come down over time, so everyone and their brother can now buy a few!
    99AA181A-99BF-421B-A0A1-A2C5D66E475F.jpeg
    This image was from a spam email I received this morning!

2. I use 4 cameras, however not on water. I know deer will be using the water. I am more concerned on how they get there. Yeah I don't get as many pics, but I feel it is more useful. It might just be me also, but I feel that deer might be more cautious at water than they are on a trail.

dangerranger likes this.

3. I use them initially on water but it is to try to find out which way they are coming from later i move them looking for paths

VTinAZ likes this.
  4. The commission came close to outlawing them during hunting season a little over a year ago.

Buster likes this.
  5. Put yourself in place of the rancher who pays to maintain the tank. Hunters sit on the tank in a blind and keep your cattle from accessing it. The early archery deer hunters are the worst too! Sit in a blind sun up till sun down!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  6. I have never seen cattle pay a bit of attention to people

Ranger, James WIse and VTinAZ like this.
  7. "If you see a ton of cameras at a water hole... you better put one up" Thats what I have been told and seen why first hand... always something worth seeing

I am with Ricky, if I have one on water it wont be for long just to see what critters are coming to the water.

8. They pay attention to me :p Just playin a litttle devils advocate. Personally, I’m trying to avoid this issue. I want to be able to have hunting access to the tanks. That’s my major concern! I find the whole camera thing comical! Thanks for posting!

9. You have got to stop trying to milk the bulls, they will ignore you then. They don't like that

Codlew and Buster like this.
  10. :eek: No bulls! I only jump tanks with the dog and maybe a couple friends! I will shoot any legal bird off of them!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    VTinAZ likes this.