Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
My family is in LA until Saturday leaving me free to do what I want (aside from the list of things my wife left me to do). I’m thinking about heading to Casa Grande trap and skeet tomorrow morning to give the shotgun a work out.
I’ve never shot any type of shotgun sport before and have a couple of questions.
1. Anyone know a rough price list of CGTS? Their website has no mention of pricing.
2. what type of shooting do I want to do? I looked online and there’s lots of different types. Here’s what I envisioned. Standing there, saying “pull” and shooting a clay. Want to shoot at maybe 100 or so clays?

thanks all. Also, if anyone wants to join and laugh at a complete novice, you’re more than welcome!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi all
My family is in LA until Saturday leaving me free to do what I want (aside from the list of things my wife left me to do). I’m thinking about heading to Casa Grande trap and skeet tomorrow morning to give the shotgun a work out.
I’ve never shot any type of shotgun sport before and have a couple of questions.
1. Anyone know a rough price list of CGTS? Their website has no mention of pricing.
2. what type of shooting do I want to do? I looked online and there’s lots of different types. Here’s what I envisioned. Standing there, saying “pull” and shooting a clay. Want to shoot at maybe 100 or so clays?

thanks all. Also, if anyone wants to join and laugh at a complete novice, you’re more than welcome!
I always enjoyed shooting sporting clays the most. I believe Ben Avery has three sporting clay coarse. Five stand is fun too. Use to shoot skeet a fair amount until I got into sporting clays. Didn’t really do much trap shooting. Since moving to Az. I almost six years ago I haven’t done any type of clay shooting- not even with my own thrower and clays.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Not clear if you made it out. If not, a couple of recommendations:
-If you haven't shot much start with 50 rounds - 100 can leave you sore if you are not used to it
-Try to find a little instruction - it can go a long way to make you a better shooter
-Skeet is a good place to start

1 - 4 of 4 Posts