Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Said I was going to skip out on OTC this spring to have time for other projects, well one of those projects went belly up this weekend so I'm gonna be chasing gobblers.

I'd like to try a different broadhead,
shot the guiottine (public school edumacashun) and while lethal it flew like a child's paper airplane in a hurricane, and magnus in years past. Noticed a rage turkey expandable recently, never shot an expandable so I'm leery.

What ya shooting and why?

·
Super Moderator
13,711 Posts
Any goof fixed blade will work, you know the saying " hit them high, watch them die, Him them low, watch them go" seems to be true. Fixed cut on contact is what I would stick to. Just my opionion.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Any goof fixed blade will work, you know the saying " hit them high, watch them die, Him them low, watch them go" seems to be true. Fixed cut on contact is what I would stick to. Just my opionion.
Like bearfoot, I strictly shoot fixed blades. They're the most stable in flight and you don't have to wonder or worry about what they'll do on impact.

I know others will disagree but that's what works for me. No plans of changing to expanding heads. I'll be hunting OTC this year as well. Hoping my 14 yo can make his first ever harvest on an animal. Fingers crossed!

·
Super Moderator
13,711 Posts
Turkey with a bow!? I can't hit a deer, how in god's name am I to hit a turkey?
Bow hunting a turkey is Great fun, really up close and personel. Have done it many times, and have watch them fly off with arrow several times as well as watch them flop on the ground. PRACTICE, is the key, "Aim small, Hit small."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts