Turkey Project

Discussion in 'Small Game' started by Chief, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Chief

Chief Guest

Just thought I'd let ya all know how I spent my 66th birthday, which was yesterday. We strung 3 strands of barb wire and 1 strand of smooth wire around a spring that that cows had been getting into and fouling, they have a tank they can drink out of but rather not, now they don't have a choice. Probably about 100 yards square , two side of which are rather steep, one side in the muck and slime and top side rather easy. This was a Game & Fish volunteer project along with the NWTF and I don't even hunt turkey :p .

2. What are the coordinates??
    Great job, Chief. I have been involved in several projects and in the least, is rewarding to give to the sport and not just take.

3. Chief

Chief Guest

Can't give ya the coordinates, BUT if you or anyone else who is a participating member of this board is lucky enough to get drawn for one of the six tags for 35a I'll be more than happy to take you out there.

4. Chief

Chief Guest

Great! I hope you get drawn, and I stand by what I said. If you get drawn and want my help all you need do is ask. Did you put in for both of the 35a hunts or just one? I have hunted 35a as my primary area for the past 30 years, so I'm fairly familiar with the area. I just can't get up and down the mountains like I did 30 years ago :D

5. Just put in for 1 hunt, then unit 22 2nd choice.
    30 years ago?????????? Boy, that brought back memories, I just turned 49 yesterday.
    30 years ago, I was tearin' up the desert, huntin' everything I could. We used to go out during the summer snake hunting. We would get out there just before sunset and usually get home about 2 a.m.
    We always shot them with our bows but did catch a few alive.........oh well, I better quit ramblin' on.
    thanks Chief

6. Chief

Chief Guest

I turned 66 the day before you turned 49. Still enjoy getting out there as much as I can. There was a time when I could hunt all day every day. Now I can still hunt all day, but not every day. or I can hunt every day but not all day.

Happy Belated Birthday :beer:

7. I put in for that hunt 1st choice, and the rest up north. I figure to many years without a tag, If I put in for both of then 1st and 2nd then I would again forfit another tag. so once again those of you looking at MY turkey tag, AVERT your eyes. its mine. LOL

Chief,

If I happen to draw one of those tags, you will be the first one to know after I wake back up. LOL

8. Chief

Chief Guest

Anybody get Goulds in 35a?

9. didnt get a goulds tag but finally got a tag. . 4a-4b. The middle hunt. May 4-24. After so many years, its about time. Now just finding time to hunt, cause the kids drew the jr. tags in unit 27.

Shane