Arizona Hunting Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd let ya all know how I spent my 66th birthday, which was yesterday. We strung 3 strands of barb wire and 1 strand of smooth wire around a spring that that cows had been getting into and fouling, they have a tank they can drink out of but rather not, now they don't have a choice. Probably about 100 yards square , two side of which are rather steep, one side in the muck and slime and top side rather easy. This was a Game & Fish volunteer project along with the NWTF and I don't even hunt turkey :p .

·
Registered
969 Posts
What are the coordinates??
Great job, Chief. I have been involved in several projects and in the least, is rewarding to give to the sport and not just take.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't give ya the coordinates, BUT if you or anyone else who is a participating member of this board is lucky enough to get drawn for one of the six tags for 35a I'll be more than happy to take you out there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great! I hope you get drawn, and I stand by what I said. If you get drawn and want my help all you need do is ask. Did you put in for both of the 35a hunts or just one? I have hunted 35a as my primary area for the past 30 years, so I'm fairly familiar with the area. I just can't get up and down the mountains like I did 30 years ago :D

·
Registered
969 Posts
Just put in for 1 hunt, then unit 22 2nd choice.
30 years ago?????????? Boy, that brought back memories, I just turned 49 yesterday.
30 years ago, I was tearin' up the desert, huntin' everything I could. We used to go out during the summer snake hunting. We would get out there just before sunset and usually get home about 2 a.m.
We always shot them with our bows but did catch a few alive.........oh well, I better quit ramblin' on.
thanks Chief

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I turned 66 the day before you turned 49. Still enjoy getting out there as much as I can. There was a time when I could hunt all day every day. Now I can still hunt all day, but not every day. or I can hunt every day but not all day.

Happy Belated Birthday :beer:

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
I put in for that hunt 1st choice, and the rest up north. I figure to many years without a tag, If I put in for both of then 1st and 2nd then I would again forfit another tag. so once again those of you looking at MY turkey tag, AVERT your eyes. its mine. LOL

Chief,

If I happen to draw one of those tags, you will be the first one to know after I wake back up. LOL

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
didnt get a goulds tag but finally got a tag. . 4a-4b. The middle hunt. May 4-24. After so many years, its about time. Now just finding time to hunt, cause the kids drew the jr. tags in unit 27.

Shane

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congratulations to all who drew a tag, especially the youngsters. Next year I'll have to put in and have one of you guys show me how it's done.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Spent yesterday getting a refresher course on tukey capture methods and how the traps work. Looks like we will again be taking some Gould's out of the Huachua's and re-stocking them in other SE Arizona moutain ranges. I'll post some pictures (hopefully) once we start trapping.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts