Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, who got spring turkey tags?
I finally got one in my favorite unit, 22.
I love getting up at 3 am and getting turkeys to shock gobble. It is so cool to hear them gobble from the roost in the still of the night. It sometimes can be heard up to 1/2 mile away.
I am so looking forward to this hunt, as it is my favorite next to bowhunting elk in the rut.

·
Administrator
6,635 Posts
bowhuntinmaniac said:
I am so looking forward to this hunt, as it is my favorite next to bow hunting elk in the rut.
Even more so than the mule deer rut? Sheesh, maybe I'm missing out on all the fun?

Are you planning on hunting spring turkey with yer bow? I have to believe that bow-hunting turkey really tests ones archery skills?

Them ugly lil'pilgrims have some incredible eye-sight! :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
374 Posts
I am still trying to get a big tom with my bow. I shot a little jake with my bow a few years ago during teh fall hunt, but I have yet to draw a spring turkey tag!! I don't really know why either. I have put in for various different units, just hoping to get a tag.

Bowhunting turkeys is a true test in patience and skill. It's fun!!

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, turkey with a bow...........is there another way????
One thing to remember, blinds work great for turkeys.
Yeah, Dan it is alot better than muleys in rut.
I helped this guy on his hunt 2 years ago, and he was so excited he was just like a little kid.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just recently purchased a double bull blind and the dvd that came with it is awsome. They have some great footage of head shot turkeys with a guillotine broadhead. I don't shoot that good so I will be using my 12ga. Good luck to all.

G

·
I'll be out on 13 Feb on a trapping project for Goulds. Areas for release will be the Santa Rita & Catalina Mountains.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts