Unit 22 Javelina?

Discussion in 'Small Game' started by tommytavor, Nov 20, 2020.

1. First timer looking for help in unit 22 for these little ghosts. Anyone have ideas where the last herds were seen?
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks
    Thom

Arizona Griz likes this.
  2. az-jim

az-jim Staff Member Mod Premium Member

Start in the areas that didn’t get burned this summer. We haven’t had enough moisture to bring back sufficient forage for them yet in the burns, plus no water in the tanks

Codlew likes this.

3. We used to hunt them NE of Mt. Ord when the Slate Creek road was open but that got all burned up. :(

4. lynn1130

lynn1130 Staff Member Mod Premium Member

I think the best thing to do is get out and start scouting. That is what most of us have had to do. This is especially true since fires did so much damage in that area.

5. since the east side is burned to a crisp i will try behind rye on the east side or barnhard trail area and deer creek area.

6. Ive seen over 30 this week in "? Chaparral Pines"? off of hwy 260 while on jobs. Some BIG umms also, and cute little red piglets.:cool:

In all Honesty, South West of Oxbow off top to south on south facing slopes all the way to the Matazels. .

7. Thanks for the tips. This area is just so big that scouting started already. I haven't seen any yet.

8. Starting scouting sat am. Thanks for the tips.

9. lynn1130

lynn1130 Staff Member Mod Premium Member

I have not been to Gisela in many years. It was a good hunt area then but I wonder how much it has filled in with houses.