Unit 24B or 37B Deer

Discussion in 'Hunting Lounge' started by Jaybee, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Going to take a crack at bowhunting for a mulie this "winter". Trying to decide between these two units. I have done some quail hunting in 37B and limitied hiking in 24B. Not to familar with the units though. I am leaning towards 24b for the simple fact that I feel there wouldn't be any hov users if you hike in a bit. Either way I need to make up my mind soon so I can start getting familar with that lay of the land. Packing a deer out of some of these spots may take some work from what i have seen. I have read both units have some large mule deer taken every year. Any advice is welcome especially if you think im wasting my time looking at either of thes units.

2. Hope we have a dry winter and hunt water - that's the best advice I can give you, it sure worked for me.

3. Ya I read your story very interesting and congrats. I have found some good water wholes in both units. I plan on using that approach.

4. well,thanks for jinxing us,LOL.i would think theres probably not too many dry water holes anywhere in the state now.

5. If the rain holds off from Oct - Jan then the waterholes are the places to hunt. If it rains there are too many pockets for them to drink from and they don't hit the holes and drinkers as much.