Unit 6B

Discussion in 'Big Game' started by Rich B, Oct 17, 2020.

1. I need some help guys. Based on my total number of AZGFD Bonus Points and 2020 draw odds, I have an excellent chance of drawing an archery tag for Unit 6B early elk and a fair chance for Unit 5B S. I have been to 5B S often and know the area fairly well and yes I like that unit. However I am tired of not getting drawn, so 6B looks like a good option. Hence my question to the group and NO I do not want specifics. Has anyone been to Unit 6B and seen elk? And is it worth me putting in for the unit and most likely get drawn, but in the process lose all my points?

Thanks for the info.

Nathan McDonald likes this.
  2. Schoom14

Schoom14 Staff Member Mod Premium Member

How many points do you have? I drew 5bs with 7 plus the draw so I guess it was 8

3. 5bs I'd a better option to be honest.

Nathan McDonald, Schoom14 and Rich B like this.
  4. I'll be going in with 10 points. I will be putting for archery elk only.

5. Schoom14

Personally I would stick with 5bs. You’ve waited this long already, I would hate to use that many points/years on an unfamiliar unit.

Rich B likes this.
  6. Schoom14

Here’s what toprut has for 6b and 5bs bonus round.

Attached Files:

Rich B likes this.
  7. Rich,
    10 points, there are other quality bull units in state, may not be one you know as well as 5bs, so I wouldn't go to 6b because your tired of waiting, stick to what you know or go to unit 1, 27, 23n, even 22N- that one will have you sitting a few more years, I know guys with 15+ points waiting on 22n tag, great unit, hard to draw. Stick to 5 bs if your confidence is high, just my opinion Sir.

Nathan McDonald and Rich B like this.
  8. Well I want to thanks those that gave input. Looks like I'll take suggestions and go with 5B S in the spring draw. Can I keep my fingers crossed that long?

9. Good luck Rich! If you would like some company I would love to go and I'd be happy to help you scout. I would really like to get to know what unit better as well. I have spare optics if you need.

Rich B likes this.
  10. I have a cow tag for 6B and hunted bulls there 3 years ago. My dad killed a nice bull near Flag Tank. I missed a shot on a running bull near Big Draw Tank. We went up there two weeks ago and it’s super dry. Saw one tank that had serious tracks north of Turkey Butte.

I also killed a really big on the west side of that unit 10 years ago.

There are elk but in a dry year you’re fighting everyone at the tanks.

Rich B likes this.