update on superman :( (hunt of a lifetime)

Discussion in 'Big Game' started by Desert_Ram, Apr 26, 2007.

1. well i got the email back from Don and well you can read it for yourself here it is i think its really sad. :( at least this young man got to go on his big horn sheep hunt thanks to Hunt of a Lifetime.

Marsha:

At last report Superman was down to 88 lbs.

I have called back there several times, no response from him or his family..

Don.

2. this is so true and sad you know i work with this guy a few times we have donated our tags to HOAL before andi tell you what i would do it again to make a kid go on his dream hunt i may even put in for a bull elk tag and donate it to HOAL and i would go out on the hunt also and video it. yep maybe i'll do it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for posting Marsha........ This is the side of HOAL I have a hard time dealing with the irony being this is what our program is about........ I've seen several of our HOAL kids not make it in the 3 years I've been involved in the program, some got to hunt and some never did make it out........ For those who got to hunt we were able to put a smile on their face and let them forget their problems ,if only for a brief time, by fulfilling their dreams........ For those who didn't get to go out the dream of going did the same for them......... I'd like to thank Don and the many other volunteers like him who are willing to step up and make a difference in the lives of these special kids and their families....... God Bless you all........ Terry