Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets take a poll for everyone's choice of gun for quail, dove and other upland game. I'm in the market for a new upland gun and am curious to see how many people use a 12g or 20g and if they prefer a Over/under, Semi, or pump.

Include the following information
  • Is it a Over/under, Semi, or pump
  • Why you chose a Over/under, Semi, or pump
  • 20 or 12 gauge
  • Why 20g or 12g
  • And if you had to pick again would you still pick the one you have
Thanks everyone for their feedback

·
Registered
154 Posts
Remington 870 Wingmaster is what I use the most.
Next is a Remington 1100. Both in 12 gauge.
I have been shooting them for close to 50 years and will for as long as I can hold them up.
I have several other shotguns , but these are the ones I hunt with.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Mossberg New Haven 600AT in 12 gauge. Pump action.
2.75" for quail and dove. 3" mag for turkey.
3 rounds are better than 2.
Dad passed it down so I use it more than the semi auto.

·
Super Moderator
13,971 Posts
LOOKS LIKE MY STEOGER !!!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Browning Silver Hunter 12ga 3.5 chambered auto, in shadow grass pattern

Done me good from dove up to crane never has let me down mostly waterfowl hunt.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Benelli Ethos in 12 gauge. Light, easy to carry, works well for a wide variety of hunts.

·
Super Moderator
13,971 Posts
A Tri-Star 12 ga, 3 in semi auto and a 12 ga Steoger O/U 3.5 in. as a backup. Im set this year. Tri Star 001.JPG

·
Registered
42 Posts
Winchester ranger in 12ga pump, I bought this new in the early 80's, I've been using it ever since, I've got others but most of the time come back to it, smooth and well balanced.
Recently picked up a S&W semi auto, jury is still out.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My Ted Williams 20ga pump with the adjustable choke has put more birds in my belly than my others. Love the ease of handling on my tristar o/u. 12ga. Several 870's get in the rotation too. Nother couple years and I think I'll go to a 20ga o/u. Personally I really like the o/u with multiple avalible choke set up and ease of use.
My two pennies worth

·
Registered
608 Posts
Stevens 12 gauge O&U for my first choice. It was a cheap, reliable, and fast gun.

I've got my eye out for a 20 gauge O&U, or perhaps a Beretta A300 or 400 for my next upland gun

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Recently picked up a M2 in 20 gauge, my first inertia gun. I love how simple and easy it is to clean and maintain. Makes me think twice about ever buying a gas gun again, but I wouldn't hesitate to get another A400 (preferably in 28 gauge).

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts