Whats it take to buy a gun?

Discussion in 'Community Campfire' started by Jaybee, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Jaybee

Jaybee Guest

Well last friday (Dec 1st) I went into purchase a gun. All going well until he called to do a backround check. After spending a few minutes on the phone he said they delayed the purchase till dec. 7th (today). I was informed that if I don't recieve a phone call by today come in and pick it up. So I called a bit ago to see if I can swing by to pick it up and I get well a gun manager has to release it. They will be in contact with you. I really don't know what the deal is, I have no record or anything and am getting extremely aggrivated. Has anybody else had this problem? or am i just out of line? I even called the people doing the backround check and he said that most likely they were busy when they called and I would be able to pick the gun up on the 7th. Thanks for letting me vent.

2. Another reason to buy used from a private individual.

3. Jaybee

Jaybee Guest

I guess I understand being cautious of who you sell a gun to, but this is crazy.

4. Chief

Chief Guest

Never had that happen, most all checks are done in a matter of seconds and you walk out with the gun. Is it Wal-Mart? If you have CC permit no check required.

5. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Jaybee, was it a Handgun? I never had that problem, I don't own any. My wife has a few though. :wink:
    I have bought a rifle and a shot gun the pass year and 1/2. They make the call and my wife gets a new gun. The rifle was bought online. When we picked it up they made the call and we were out of there in a 1/2 hour. Bought a shot gun at Wally World and no problem.
    This may not help, but just want to sound off.

ANY ONE GOING HUNTING THIS SATURDAY?????

6. Jaybee

Jaybee Guest

No sportsman's, I know everyone that I have asked said they get the gun the same day. I starting to wonder if I got in trouble in one of my past lives..

No it want' a handgun it was a 270 wsm rifle.

7. Or maybe yer name is the same as someone that has a record and they have to sort it out.

8. No biggie, I don't think.

I had to wait 3 days as well. If I understand correctly, some checks have enough history to get an "instant OK". Some need a little more digging. If they haven't responded in 3 days, its more of an "assumed OK"

9. Jaybee

Jaybee Guest

Well finally last night I finally made the purchase. Now for the fun part of accesories.