What's Your Occupation?

Discussion in 'Welcome & Orientation' started by Desert Rat, Dec 10, 2006.

1. If I need a plumber, guide, mechanic, etc., I'd rather utilize one of our members here.

Post what you do, and as much company info as you are comfortable with....

Grunt762 and Ramspeed like this.
  2. Hey Marshall,
    Good idea......
    I am a mechanic and worked for APS for 16 years before quitting and going into business for myself last March.
    Actually, I am not too much of an auto mechanic anymore, I mostly deal with tractor trailers that break down on the freeway. I know and hate Chevys (that oughta get a rise out of someone), but not too much in the last couple of years.
    And, I have 11 vehicles myself, so I have to start getting rid of some.

Grunt762 likes this.

3. Jaybee

Jaybee Guest

I am a Loan officer for Sterling Home Mortgage. I know we are a dime a dozen but I'll go ahead anyway. Purchase or Refinance, we work with all credit. I have been doing it for 3 years and feel I am educated with the best of them. 1 more year and I will hopefully get my own brokers license.

[email protected]

Good Idea on the thread.

Michael Carper likes this.
  4. I don't think there's much demand for me unless you're a dairy cow. I'm a farmer.

I still keep kicking the idea around of semi retiring and guiding for desert mule deer in the fall/winter. I'll do it one of these days.

Could you help me out on the booking end, Marshall?

5. Well, of course, you'd need to let me watch you work.. say in 37B.. so that I could properly evaluate your guiding skills... :D

Seriously, I am "officially" out of the Booking business. That being said, I do still get emails and whatnot, my site is still up, and I will continue to do what I can to promote you and Garth and anyone else that I know. You and bowhuntinmaniac are also welcome to advertise (gratis) on any of the AHT sites.

Now, on to me...

I am a Project Manager at Southwest Energy Systems. We do electrical testing and maintenance. That is stuff like hipots, ground fault tests, power quality monitoring, medium voltage switchgear, etc. We also do engineering studies, such as Arc Flash Studies, short-circuit coordination, etc.

I'm also a freelance writer and editor, although that end of things has been pretty slow lately.

6. Chief

Chief Guest

RETIRED, I know it's not easy, but somebody gotta do it :beer:

7. I own a flooring installation business. Laminate and hardwood only.
    Anyone needs a floor, just let me know. :lol:

Mic1957 and Michael Carper like this.
  8. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

What Do I DO?

I am a Machinist. Don't think I would be to much help for anyone. Unless you need Parts made for an Airplane or Tank. :lol: I also Program CNC Machines.

James Seto and Michael Carper like this.
  9. Hey I thought I would jump in here and toss in my 2 cents worth .

My official title is a full time Stay at Home Father of 4 children, soon to be 5 next month. My wife works full time as a Veterinarian.

2 of my older kids are off to school so during the day in between all the playtime, I write articles for various online parenting magazines. I also work full time with my father and have developed an online hunting network at http://www.ushuntingtoday.com. My father works at it overtime and I work on it only full time. :wink:

birddogger likes this.
  10. Hard at retired. Lots of work but no pay. But, who's complaining.

AZ~ThunderDan likes this.