Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I've heard, Yuma does dove season right. Next time opening day falls on a weekend, I think I might take the boys down there.
Questions for those of you who have gone.
1, is it an event worth partaking in?
2, how crowded is it? Both in town and in the field?
Thanks in advance for any information.

·
Registered
5 Posts
From what I've heard, Yuma does dove season right. Next time opening day falls on a weekend, I think I might take the boys down there.
Questions for those of you who have gone.
1, is it an event worth partaking in?
2, how crowded is it? Both in town and in the field?
Thanks in advance for any information.
I’ve done it a couple years back with my Dad. Great experience, similar to an outdoorsman convention as every restaurant and hotel is filled with hunters for the first couple days of the opener. It definitely is crowded in town but there are spots in the field that you can find that you won’t be getting sprayed with bird shot every 15 minutes. Overall you should definitely try it once but there are plenty of spots throughout the state where you can get your daily limits besides yuma

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
The Paloma Festival in Yuma used to be spectacular. Chretin’s had a dove cleaning fundraiser and a food truck that would cook your freshly killed dove. The deep fried dove poppers were the best! Chretin’s changed ownership and the dove cooking went away for a few years. From what I’ve heard, they are bringing the dove cooking back, because the drink sales drastically dropped when they stopped serving the dove poppers and dove tacos. If you search the forum, I know myself and others have posted photos from previous years.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you gentlemen. I took advice and searched posts. Sounds like the boys and will have to give it a try in a couple years.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I went for the first time last year. Went to some out of the way places, not the circle crop fields, and we did okay. I scratched out a limit, but had to do some runnin-and-gunning in the late morning on some roosts. It's extremely crowded in town though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts